These are the preparations you need to do at least 1 week to 3 days prior to onboarding your Distant Assistant:
- Create your DDA Onboarding Manual to serve as your guide for the first 90-days with your DDA.
- Outline your Meeting Agenda.
- Prepare your Phone Scripts and Other Training Manuals for your DDA.
- Set up a phone software if the DDA’s task involves calls. Please contact your phone software ahead of time, it might take days to set up an account.
- List down the Required Tools and Software your DDAs need to install in their computers. Are they going to be installing CRMs or Project Management Software?
- Set up an email account for your DDA.
- Give them access to any software you are using. You can add them to your project board such as Trello, Basecamp, or Asana.
- Send a Welcome Kit. This could be as simple as a Starbucks coupon card, a printed shirt, or mugs. If you need help with local printing to keep the costs lower, please let us know and we can process this for you.
- Send them a Welcome Email that includes the following:
- Date and time of your first meeting
- Your meeting link or a calendar invite
- Meeting agenda
- Company handbooks or SOPs
- Dress Code requirement
- Log-in credentials
- Instructions such as installing software and applications on their computers
Call to Action:
Proceed to the next lesson to learn about the 90-Day Onboarding Manual.