One area where most of our clients struggle when it comes to hiring a Distant Assistant is usually the onboarding process. Many of our clients do not have any experience in onboarding an assistant. As a solution, we have added Onboarding Training as part of our process.
One of the calls you will be attending after you booked a consultation with us will be the Onboarding Call. During this call, we will walk you through the step by step process on how to onboard your distant assistant which includes the following:
- Preparations you need to do at least 1 week to 3 days prior to onboarding your distant assistant such as setting up their email account.
- The 90-Day Onboarding Manual
- Expectations on your first day with your DDA
- Paid -Time Off Policy – In case your DDA gets sick, what does the process look like?
- Check-in policies – How fast do you want them to respond?
- Importance of Training and creating the Training Calendar for your DDA
- The role of your DDA in Documenting your Workflows
Call to Action:
Click on the next video to learn more about the preparations you need to do prior to onboarding your DDA.